VRCG is a registered not-for-profit (100% volunteer run) and focuses on priorities & challenges pressing our Vancouver and Squamish climbing world and service climbers and support other clubs and groups in 4 aspects:
– Friendships building
– Best Climbers’ Practice & Stewardship
– Increase Safety in climbing
– Charity through climbing
Our current activities include:
1. Find climbing partner service @
2. once a month educational social
3. our in house ACMG guide Brent Nixon teaching safety and climbing courses @ www.vanmtnguides.com
4. community projects, forums and conferences to support access and advocate for climbers
1. Members will receive 10% off of all regularly priced items purchased that evening – including bikes and boats! All items must be in stock and purchased through our tills that evening. The discount also does not extend to the following items:
All Blundstone products
Items that are out of stock/not available at the Vancouver location
Items that are already included in a packaged discount
2. Members can put items on hold up to 48 hours before the event, and can be picked up at the Member Services Desk during the clubnight. Items that have been purchased before the event cannot be returned and re-purchased at the discounted rate. There are no exceptions to this rule.
3. All participants must be members of Mountain Equipment Co-op in order to make a purchase. Lifetime memberships can be purchased during the event for $5.00.
*Space is extremely limited and please only RSVP if you are coming*
Are you an indoor climber looking to start outdoor climbing in 2017 summer, don’t know where to start and have lots of questions?
🙂 Let us help you.
We have prepared a panel of experienced climbers who start from scratch just like you, through a variety of methods, and eventually rampage rock, snow, ice and the alpine like you see on magzine cover.
In this wonderful evening, you will be able to ask them questions, get their contacts for future questions and meet other like-minded climbers to meet more climbing partners for summer 2017!
AGM & Executive Report for Vancouver Rock Climbing Group Society & Climb and Conquer Society Canada
Drinks & Social
Introduction by Joseph Wong & Panel speaker presentation
– Danny Martin (President, Vancouver Rock Climbing Group)
– Michael Kennedy (Vice President, Alpine Club of Canada, Vancouver Section)
– Nathan Roberts (climber)
Rock Skills Curriculum Overview by Brent Nixon (Apprentice Rock Guide, ACMG @ Vancouver Mountain Guides)
Questions & Answers with Panel speakers
More Questions & Socials
Super Early Bird is ON now for BOTH ACRO and BOULDERING TOURS
Now – May 31 $30 plus
1 complimentary 50/50 raffle ticket (last year the pot is $1000)
*registration includes Squamish Access Society membership to help make Squamish climbing better!
Numbers are limited! Don’t miss out on this big climbers party!
1. Rampage Guided Tours (with option to compete)
– Guided Tour the magical forest littered with moss-covered boulders nestled at the base of the iconic Stawamus Chief while testing your skills on some of the classic and newly-developed boulders
-You can register in Beginner, Advanced, and Rampage (Open) categories — tour guides will be present for all categories & you boulder with friends from local and worldwide
-LOTS of door prizes, raffle prizes, and prizes for the winners of each category
2. Acro-yoga Festival classes directly in front of the Stawamus Chief
3. Community Fair with local businesses and climbing brands with complimentary shoe and gear demo
Outdoor After-party with beer and food!
– Free entrance for ALL! — Bring your friends and fam
Festival Camping Fri & Sat night included (last year we have 200+ people from worldwide)
RAMPAGE is 100% run by volunteers & ALL PROCEEDS donate to Climb and Conquer charity to provide climbing and mentorship to train youth from low income & at-risk background to be contributing leaders for the future!
In collaboration with:
Climbers’ Access Society BC
Squamish Access Society
Hello all members with much love: