– there’s no padded floor
– there’s no staff on site to check your belay, improperly tied knots, harness, etc.
– you need to supply your own equipment and know how to use them properly
– top roping
– lead climbing
– ice climbing
– alpine climbing (i.e. big mountain climbing)
– rope $100+
– carabiners $30+
– some webbing $5+
– a climbing guidebook or internet sources (to show you where the outdoor routes are)
– helmet $40+
– take a Top-Rope Anchor Course (usually 1-2 days) to learn how to use the above equipment, set up the top rope and the related safety skills. Once you take this course, you should be able to do outdoor top roping independently. Obviously exceptions can occur. It’s like after you go through driving school and pass the driving test, you should be able to drive independently. You can take this course at:
Or alternatively you can learn it through the club at our buying Rizatriptan online.
– Take a Lead Belay Course at your local climbing gym. Depending on the wall, you might or might not be able to walk around to the top to set up the top rope. If you can’t, someone will have to lead it and you will have to lead belay them.
Once you have the gear and the skills, you can set up the top rope and climb with your climbing friends. Your friends don’t necessarily need to take the top-rope anchor course (it’s recommended to take sooner or later!) but they would need to know how to belay. buy Rizatriptan online.
An inexpensive way to try out outdoor top roping before making any purchase on gear and courses would be to join some local community climbing clubs who usually offer beginners-friendly outdoor sessions at a discounted/non-profit rate where the club will provide gear and experienced climbers (usually volunteers out of good will) to assist.
– Our club