Founded by volunteers from VRCG in 2011, Climb and Conquer Society Canada is a registered charity (85092 7237 RR0001) run entirely by volunteers located in Vancouver, BC. Our MISSION is to support youth (age 4-18) from disadvantaged backgrounds to build healthy self-esteem, relationships and leadership skills through rock climbing and caring mentorships.
We run 4 programs:
1.Grizzly Bear Youth Club: open to all grade 8-12 youth, is a dinner club monthly October to June on a Friday night where we eat dinner together, indoor rockclimb, meet other more experienced indoor/outdoor climbers, learn university/career skills and plan for exciting club activities together. It’s youth-initiated and so you get to lead and plan for Grizzly Bear.
Great way to meet new friends. No prior climbing experiences required. The event is provided free of cost or by donations. Open to everyone.
Schedule is @ www.facebook.com/groups/vangrizzlybear
We would like to thank volunteers from the Climb and Conquer Society Canada who operate this club.
Register @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Grizzly bear is proudly sponsored by the Hive Bouldering Gym.
2. One on One Rockstar Mentorship Program: We carefully match 1 climber with 1 youth and they climb indoor once a week at a flexible schedule (0.5 year period). No prior climbing experiences required & fully subsided = $0. Program Brochure. RSVP @ email@example.com.
1. Hive Vancouver 520 Industrial Avenue, Vancouver
2. Cliffhanger Vancouver 670 Industrial Ave, Vancouver
3. UBC Aviary 6138 Student Union Boulevard, Vancouver (Nest Room 2206)
4. Richmond Oval 6111 River Rd Richmond
5. Coquitlam Climb Base5 98 Brigantine Dr., Coquitlam
6. Surrey Coastal Climbing Centre 7728 128 St #202, Surrey
7. Hive North Shore: 140, 2270 Dollarton Hwy, North Vancouver
8. Edge Climbing Gym 1485 Welch St #2, North Vancouver
3. Summer Camps. We go climbing, hiking and camping. (Read our 2016 camp)
4. Financial Subsidy. We subsidize passes, memberships, youth programs, camps, etc. to make sure families can access CNC programs despite financial or other disadvantaged barriers.
As of May 2016, $16961.39 has been spent on participants and we have had 60+ mentorship matches. Hear our parent and youth’s stories. For current news and sessions, go to Facebook Contact: Joe Wong 1.360.594.8727 firstname.lastname@example.org
Our project won’t be possible without the following support:
Operation and Sponsor:
Climbing Gyms and Sponsors:
– Clif Bar
Referral of Youth: