Join our mega-classic climber’s party and climb for a good cause!
Inspire! Train! Challenge your limits! Have fun!
Raise $ for BC Children’s Hospital Foundation and Climb and
Conquer Society Canada.
Projecting week: Dec 16-21 (Mon-Sat) at any indoor/outdoor locations you want.
* Project with us @ Vancouver Cliffhanger Dec 20 Fri 6-10pm
* Grand Finale, Costume Party & Prize giving @ Hive Dec 21 Sat 6-10pm
Entirely volunteer run.
All donations will go 50% to BC Children’s Hospital Foundation and 50% to Climb and Conquer Society Canada.
In our fundraisers, all the proceeds go 50% to the BC Children’s Hospital Foundation and 50% goes to Climb and Conquer. These are two amazing causes which we’d like to share with you.
BC Children’s Hospital Foundation
BC Children’s Hospital is the province’s only full-service, pediatric acute care hospital and serves the one million children living in BC and the Yukon. All children who are seriously ill or injured are referred to Children’s Hospital and are either treated at the hospital facility in Vancouver or, with consultation from Children’s specialists, in their home community.
Last year, more than 81,000 children were treated at Children’s Hospital. BC Children’s Hospital Foundation received donations from more than 150,000 people last year and had revenues of over $83 million. Funds raised by the Foundation are used to support BC Children’s Hospital, Sunny Hill Health Centre for Children and the Child & Family Research Institute.
To learn more about the institutes we serve, visit the websites below:
Climb and Conquer
Born out of VRCG in 2011, Climb and Conquer Society Canada is a not-for-profit BC Society (S-0061426) run by climbers/volunteers. Our MISSION is to provide affordable access of climbing to children and youth and their parents (with full subsidy for families in need) so they can use climbing to empower themselves physically, mentally and spiritually to overcome challenges and achieve big objectives.
We run 2 programs:
1. Monthly climbing drop-ins where climbers mentor youth (and their parents) to climb. Admissions/session range from $5-12. (Full subsidy for participants in financial needs or by referral).
2. Climbing scholarships. We subsidize passes, memberships, youth programs, camps, etc. Selection is based on first-come-first-served and evaluation by CNC Team. Access’ for all and not based on ability.
In the last two years, (as of Oct 2013): $8844.98 has been spent on participants.
For current news and sessions, go to Facebook or Contact: Joe Wong 7789997104
For more information, please visit our official site : http://vrcg.ca/climb-and-conquer/
2 ways to help:
– Register as an athlete and set up your fundraising campaign!
– Donate to other athlete’s projects!
To support your climbing project and fundraising, we help you in the following ways:
– Your own personalized campaign webpage.
– Weekly Climbing Practice at the Hive to help you train and meet other athletes*
– Fundraising tips
– Draw prizes from sponsors
– Celebration Costume party at Cliffhanger Dec 20 6pm and Hive Dec 21 6pm
*Regular gym admission applies. Joe Wong (Registered Personal Trainer) will be on-site and donate his personal training knowledge.
To register for this fundraiser, please visit this page: http://vrcg.ca/awesome/
If you’d like to donate, but can’t climb, then please donate to our goal by using the donate button here!
*We accept donations in cash, cheque and online (Paypal).
The BC Childrens Hospital will be able to issue you a tax receipt for your donation to them. Climb and Conquer is in the process of attaining it’s charity status, so a charity tax receipt cannot be issued at the moment. This will be resolved soon.
– Online Paypal fee: 2.9% + $0.3: $0-$3000; 2.5% + $0.30 for $3000.01-$12,000)
– Cash/Cheque: no fee
– VRCG will donate and cover all campaign admin. costs e.g. promotion, website, material, etc.
1. You donate $100 cash, $50 will go to CNC and $50 will go to BCCHF. You will receive a $50 tax receipt from BCCHF.
2. You donate $100 online, $48.4 will go to CNC and $48.4 will go to BCCHF. You will receive a $48.4 tax receipt from BCCHF.
7 Simple Steps to make your Campaign a Success